My client is presently looking for an experienced Capex Procurement Manager who will be working from their production site in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Capex Procurement Manager
Procurement function is responsible for driving value from supply base by creating the right insights into the markets they buy in and improving the performance of the suppliers on delivery, cost and sustainability. Managing risks, costs and supply reliability in logistics and raw materials along with driving down our NPR Spend are key levers in the company strategic plan. One of the teams within Procurement is the Capex team.
About the job:
In this role you are responsible for the Project Procurement Strategies and securing that all CAPEX procurement deliverables and activities are delivered on time and at or below budgeted cost; and for being well informed and well aligned with the main stakeholders of projects to ensure that the final solutions balance all requirements in a good way. Key to a successful execution of the job is proven experience in medium to large size industrial procurement projects in an international environment.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead and drive all procurement activities for medium and large Capex projects
- Coaching CAPEX activities of Tactical Site Buyers where needed
- Secure early involvement of procurement and take an active role in the budgeting estimation process, risk analyses and strategy settings.
- Actively participate within project team in a constructive manner to find the best solutions
- Provide detailed knowledge of the market and supplier alternatives to the projects and provide solid recommendations.
- Propose different solutions and provide pros and cons of different alternatives.
- Lead negotiations for medium and large projects and set up project specific contracts with suppliers.
What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor or master degree, preferably in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years procurement experience
- Experience in leading medium to large size industrial projects in an international environment
- Understanding of project phases and management
- Fluency in English, skills in other languages is a plus
- Good leadership skills and ability to build and maintain teams and networks
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to influence and engage people
- Highly effective with stakeholder management and capability to build strong relationship internally and externally
- Ability to analyze data and technical requirements and efficiently communicate and sell concepts to stakeholders
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining an long term contract. Secondly, the compensation package is very appealing. If you are interested in this role please apply on the website or contact Katarzyna Wajer.