Are you looking for a logistics purchasing position within in the region of Arnhem? Do you want to be part of an international market leader in the sector? Are you experienced in logistics and purchasing and are you looking for a great environment to develop your professional career?
Category Management Logistics
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a worldwide company in the chemical sector with several locations in the Netherlands. Your working place will be Arnhem..
Availability: full time
What are the deliverables? The task of the Category Manager Logistics is to carry out commercial and strategic aspects of logistics purchasing for the portfolio of items.
He/She will be allocated to procure a specific transport modality / category and works closely and in cooperation with: all stakeholders (BU) functions, such as plant management, marketing & sales management and finance as well as BU management. Next to this he will represent the BU in the cross functional teams and within the logistical team.
To ensure that with support from and in conjunction with stakeholders all business needs are understood with regard to purchased items.
As a category buyer, develops sourcing strategies for the assigned logistics category. These strategies should be designed such that they fulfill the identified business needs and are in line with the BU Purchasing strategy. This may be done directly or working in Cross Functional Teams with others. The strategies are to be agreed by Business Management and Purchasing Management.
To evaluate and select suppliers, in conjunction with all interested parties and meeting the criteria set within the fram work of the purchasing strategy.
To develop negotiate, monitor and manage supply agreements in line with the approved/agreed source plans. This should be done within his/her responsibility as lead buyer or in case of his/her regional purchasing responsibilities on guidance from the relevant lead buyer.
To set up and manage supplier performance improvement programs where appropriate.
To investigate and monitor supply markets for the allocated categories of spending.
To develop plans for increasing (optimizing) value delivery from suppliers, in line with the sBU's business needs.
Activities and responsibilities:
- Negotiation of new contracts / contract extensions
- Perform market relevant analysis
- Early warning / notification of significant transport price trends/changes.
- Establishes both mid-and long term agreements with Logistic suppliers.
- Is responsible for the logistics implementation of the deals and contracts established with the suppliers selected all over the BU.
- Manages the joint decision process for all involved businesses and sites on which transportation companies to be used.
- Is responsible for the set-up, approval and evaluation system for logistic suppliers according to the BU procedures within HSE Responsible care (quality, environment and safety).
- Sets goals and targets for the suppliers in above mentioned areas.
- Responsible for applying the AN Business & Procurement Principles within the contracts and in relation with suppliers.
What is your profile?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement, business development and logistics;
- Experience with various transport modalities;
- Solid understanding of international logistics;
- Bachelor degree;
- Fluency in English, additional language is a plus.
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining an indefinite contract. Secondly, the compensation package is very appealing. If you are interested in this role please apply on the website or contact Katarzyna Wajer.