Are you looking for a legal position within in the region of Arnhem? Do you want to be part of an international market leader in the sector? Are you experienced in intellectual property and are you looking for a great environment to develop your professional career? If yes this might be a role for you:
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a worldwide company in the chemical sector with several locations in the Netherlands. Your working place will be Arnhem..
Availability: part time
What are the deliverables? The main purpose of a Patent Analyst is to retrieve the necessary technical/legal information from scientific- and/or patent literature to be used as the basis for an analysis (by a patent attorney) on e.g.:
- Novelty (patentability) of a new invention
- Freedom to Operate in view of existing 3rd party IP
- Validity of an existing 3rd party patent
- Review (e.g. due diligence) of existing patent portfolios in a certain area or from a certain owner
- Asses legal status, life-span and geographical coverage of IP rights
Activities and responsibilities:
- Translation of the various types search requests (put forward by patent attorneys) into appropriate search queries to be run in one or more (patent-) literature databases to retrieve all required information
- Analysis of search results, with the aim of the search in mind, and reporting of retrieved information in accordance with requirements of the requestor
- Building/maintaining search profiles that retrieve patent information on a certain topic on a regular basis
- Monitoring /Retrieving Legal Status information in relation to IP rights
- Work with/ educate attorneys on defining/scoping search requests in relation to any IP issue at hand
- Identifying and evaluating existing/new search tools and (patent) information sources
- Attend conferences, give/receive training to keep knowledge and skill set up to date
- Give training (within R&D/Business) on how to use available search tools for the retrieval of technical/patent information for e.g. scientific purposes or competitive intelligence
What is your profile?
- Degree in Law
- Experience with patents, intellectual property
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English, additional language is a plus.
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining an indefinite contract. Secondly, the compensation package is very appealing .If you are interested in this role please apply on the website or contact Katarzyna Wajer.