Team Lead Import/Export Analyst
Full time: 40 hours p/w
€4.500 - €5.000
Would you like to work for an international market leader in the field of industrial automation? Are you ready for a next step in your career within a Team Lead role where you will manage analysts responsible for determining accurate classification data (HTS, ECCN, COO) according to the company's policy and global Customs Laws and regulations?
You will be working for the EMEA head office in the area of Rotterdam, which is a true international environment with many different nationalities present.
The organisation you will be working for is an international company specialised in the technical field of industrial automation parts and products.
About the role
As Team Lead, you will manage projects and assist in developing training and auditing plans to support continuous improvement of the existing compliance program. Through an understanding of both compliance processes and information systems, this position will act as a liaison between the classification group and the company's business units, logistics, sourcing, legal and other global entities. You will exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Possess expertise in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule on a global level in accordance with U.S. Customs laws, local country laws and WCO rules and regulations.
- Must have a clear understanding of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and the Commerce Control List as well as local country export control laws.
- Strong knowledge in determining Harmonized Tariff Codes, US ECCN, & COO for the company's products and third party equipment.
- Act resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters
- Assist in the development of department work instructions to ensure timely classifications of the products.
- Strong knowledge of import/export operations globally
- International Export/Import Compliance experience (classification of products, working with US and foreign Customs agencies, Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Preferred degree in Business Management, International Business or Operations.
- Professional fluency in English, verbal and written
- SAP Experience is a plus
- Prior experience with managing of people and projects is a plus
Why should you apply?
In the role as Team Lead Import/Export Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work for a large multinational. The compensation package is appealing, with a salary indication of around 55K and 65K annually and other interesting benefits. You will also have opportunities for growth and development.